About NCPWB and Benefits & Services
Georgia-Florida, Chapter 23 National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau (NCPWB) is the resource to educate and promote compliance with welding codes and certification in the Pipe Welding Industry
Membership in National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau entitles its members access to over 1,500 welders and brazers certifications locally as well as over 10,000 certifications in the national NCPWB welder database. The financial benefits of this are significant for our members; eliminating the needless re-testing of previously qualified welders. Members also have access to more than 100 Welding and Brazing Procedure Specifications (WPSs and BPSs) that meet the qualification requirements of Section IX of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. Welder certification is a joint effort between the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau and the United Association. By consolidating our efforts, this has made the qualification process and the maintaining of welders’ certification records a more cohesive process. The assistance of Georgia-Florida, Chapter 23 and the consultant services of the national NCPWB office are available to members who have questions regarding welding and brazing requirements.
Benefits of NCPWB Membership
Engineers Guide to the ASME B31 Piping Codes
Georgia-Florida, Chapter 23 NCPWB purpose is to:
- Engage in research and educational work that will assist the contractors in furnishing safe and dependable installations through the use of qualified welding procedures and qualified welders.
Keep contractors informed of the latest methods, information and data on welding, brazing, safety and health.
- Establish and qualify uniform procedure specifications which conform to ASME, ANSI and other nationally recognized codes for various methods of welding and brazing.
- Create a force of welders uniformly trained and qualified under these procedures thereby permitting the interchange of such welders between members without unnecessary individual duplication of such qualification tests.
- Assist contractors in providing the owner with quality welding at reduced costs through use of certified welding.
- Promote, develop the use, and maintain the quality of welding generally in the piping industry.