The Mechanical Contractors Association of Georgia (MCAG) jointly with the Mechanical Industries Council (MIC) has established successful Student Chapters in the Building and Construction Departments at the Georgia Institute of Technology and Southern Polytechnic State University. Visit their web sites for information on their construction programs, their student association and resumes for graduates. Georgia Tech’s web site for their construction program is http://www.arch.gatech.edu/bc and their web site for the student association and resumes is http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/sca. Southern Poly’s web site for information on their construction programs is http://www.spsu.edu/cnst and contains a link for their student association and resumes.
The Student Chapters work to unite and promote fellowship among those students interested in the mechanical industry. This relationship with the two Universities will be mutually beneficial to the Universities, MCAG, MIC and most importantly, to the Students.
These Student Chapters are intended to supplement existing student organizations. While the students involved will determine the agenda of the student chapters, the MCAG and MIC will work with students and faculty to provide, sponsor or support these and other activities.
- Contractor and other guest speakers at Student Chapter meetings
- To educate the students on the exciting careers of the mechanical industry
- Field trips for students to contractor offices, construction sites and supplier and manufacturing facilities
- Contractor attendance at and involvement in Student Chapter activities such as career fairs
- Complimentary registration for the national MCAA convention
- Provide assistance to attend the national Student Chapter Summit sponsored by the national MCAA where students can network and learn about our industry
- Guest lectures by contractors and/or manufacturers and suppliers on specific areas of mechanical construction deemed necessary by faculty members
- Students are invited to attend monthly MCAG dinner meetings throughout the year
- We encourage the students to seek positions with MCAG and MIC contractors.
For additional information contact the MCAG.